Table of Contents Hide
- What Are The Advantages Of Using A Grind And Brew Coffee Maker?
- Tips For Purchasing The Best Grind And Brew Coffee Maker
- KRUPS Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
- Capresso 10-Cup Digital Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
- De’Longhi Dinamica Automatic Coffee & Espresso Machine
- Saeco Incanto Carafe Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Philips 3200 Series Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
If you ever had the opportunity to brew with a coffee maker that has a built-in grinder, then you know how extremely simple and convenient it can be. Not only does a grind and brew coffee maker take up less counter space in your kitchen, but they also grind and brew your cup of coffee with the push of a button. You’ll never have to worry about getting any coffee grinds on your countertop, and you can focus more on the rest of your morning routine.
When looking into buying a grind and brew coffee maker, there are a few things to look into, since there are plenty of grind and brew models that offer many features. Some of the aspects to consider are the type of brewer, brewer’s size, programmable features, type of grinder, grinder capacity and size. In this guide to purchasing the best grind and brew coffee maker, I will be going over all of these aspects so you can get an idea of what machine is right for you.
What Are The Advantages Of Using A Grind And Brew Coffee Maker?
As mentioned above, one of the main advantages of using a grind and brew coffee maker is the convenience. Majority of the machines nowadays are programmable and can be set with alarms to brew automatically. So you can wake up to a fresh cup of coffee without even having to touch the machine. The machines can keep your coffee warm for hours using warming plates, and with the customizable settings, you can set the type of grind you want along with the type and strength of brew. This can all be pre-set or done with the touch of a few buttons. These machines even have an auto shut off function, so you never have to worry if you forget to turn off your brewer.
Having a coffee machine with an embedded grinder not only makes your brewing extremely easy, but it all also guarantees the freshest coffee possible. The best grind and brew coffee makers come with burr grinders, these types of coffee grinders give you more control over your grind than blade grinders do. The grind is a lot more consistent with a burr grinder, blade grinders produce uneven grounds that will leave you with poorly extracted coffee.
We have all tasted stale coffee at one point in our life, and I think it is safe to say that it is not particularly pleasant! The result of stale coffee can be the result of many things, but one of the main reasons is having your ground coffee sit for too long. Having a built-in coffee grinder in your coffee machine eliminates this possibility. Grinding your beans right before you brew will guarantee you a delicious fresh cup of coffee.
Tips For Purchasing The Best Grind And Brew Coffee Maker
Buying a coffee maker for your home can be quite a challenging process, even the most experienced coffee aficionados struggle to decide on that perfect brewer. With so many brands and models on the market, the options can be overwhelming. Let’s go over some of the key factors that matter most when purchasing your brewer.
Purchase A Machine That Accommodates Your Taste
So you want a coffee maker? Now you have to ask yourself what type of coffee do you like to drink? If you love milk coffees like cappuccino or lattes, then investing in an espresso grind and brew coffee maker would be the best option. If you enjoy drinking numerous cups of black coffee then a drip grind and brew coffee maker would be satisfactory.
Espresso Grind And Brew Coffee Maker
These machines are great because they can produce barista-quality coffee with the push of a button. These machines work by forcing water and steam through the ground coffee creating a rich and bold cup of coffee. The machines are usually equipped with milk frothers so you can create delicious milk coffees like cappuccinos and lattes. Though these coffee machines can be quite costly, they are extremely easy to use with programmable features and multi-cup brewing options. They are perfect for someone who is serious about their coffee and wants to have the ability to create different types of coffee with the push of a button.
Drip Grind And Brew Coffee Maker
These machines are less costly than the espresso machines but still deliver amazing tasting coffee. They work by dispersing water through a showerhead into a filtered basket of ground coffee that would seep into a thermal or heated carafe. These machines are very durable and require less maintenance than the espresso machines, but lack many customizable features. They are excellent for large batch brews, so you if you like to drink tons of coffee and don’t really care about fancy coffees, then this type of machine is for you!
Coffee Machine Size
Considering the size of the grind and brew coffee maker is also quite an important factor because you want something that will fit on your kitchen countertop, you don’t want a big chunky machine that will take up all your counter space. The fact that the machine already comes with a grinder is also beneficial since you won’t need any extra appliances lying around taking up space. So measuring out your space and checking the machine’s specs is an important part of purchasing one of these machines.
If you’re leaning towards an espresso grind and brew coffee maker, then multi-cup brewing is something to consider. It can be very beneficial when you have a guest over and want to enjoy a nice hot cup of coffee with them. While the majority of these espresso machines are relatively quick and producing one cup at a time may not be such a nuisance, but paying a little extra for the multi-cup option can pay off in the long run.
A Clean Machine Is A Happy Machine
A clean machine is a must when it comes to brewing the best-tasting coffee. You never want any old coffee residue left behind in your machine for this will affect your next brew. Keeping your coffee machine clean for the next use will be guarantee optimal brewing. There is a handful of grind and brew coffee makers that have excellent cleaning functions, some have automated functions that will clean the chamber for you with the push of a button, while others are made with removal parts that make cleaning extremely easy. It’s important that you look into these aspects when purchasing the best bean to cup coffee machine.
The Coffee Grinder
A good coffee grinder is essential when making good tasting coffee. The most popular grinders in a grind and brew coffee maker are either blade grinders or burr grinders.
Machines with blade grinders are usually cheaper, these grinders operate using propellers to breakdown the coffee beans into finer grinds. The downside to these grinders is that it produces an inconsistent grind which affects the brewing and taste of the coffee.
Machines that have a burr grinder are a bit pricier, these grinders produce a consistent, uniform grind that will result in an even extraction.
There are two types of burr grinders, a conical and a flat plate. The conical burr grinder has two cone-shaped burrs that have ridges which crush the coffee beans. Flat plate burr grinders have two parallel serrated rings that face each other.
Aside from the grinder type, getting a machine that has control over the grind setting is also beneficial. Having control over this aspect makes a huge difference when brewing your coffee, for more information on grind sizes check out our article here.
The 10-Cup Grind and Brew coffee maker by KRUPS is an excellent drip coffee brewer that offers plenty of features. This grind and brew coffee maker is equipped with a five setting conical burr grinder that will give you full control over your grind. The machine also has three different brew settings: mild, medium and bold, an excellent setting for those that like to experiment with various types of coffee roasts.
The machine’s design is very user friendly that includes a clear LCD with easy button navigation. It has control buttons for brew control to brew strength, including an auto-brewing function that lets you schedule your brew for a later time. The machine uses a removable gold-tone filter basket that makes it ideal for easy clean-up without having to use paper filters. The pause and serve function will allow you to pause your brew cycle for that much-needed sip when you really need your coffee.
- 10 CUP COFFEEMAKER W/ BUILT IN GRINDER: Brew great tasting coffee at home — built in conical burr grinder grinds beans right before brewing for enticingly rich aroma and full bodied flavor (no need for a separate grinder)
- EASY CUSTOMIZING: 2 to 10 cup grinder setting for customizing the amount, 5 grind settings (coarse to fine) for choosing the intensity, and brew strength selector with 3 flavor options (mild, medium, and strong)
- AUTO START & KEEP WARM: Schedule the brew cycle to start whenever you want (great for wake up coffee); 2 hour keep warm for delicious hot coffee from first cup to last. The glass coffee pot and the filter receptacle must be washed in the upper rack of the dishwasher
- BREW PAUSE & PRECISE POURING: No need to wait — pause and serve function allows for pouring a cup at any time during the brew cycle; carafe with curved spout ensures drip free pouring down to the last drop
- USER FRIENDLY DESIGN: Intuitive controls and a crystal clear LCD screen ensure easy programming and use; removable gold tone filter included for hassle free cleaning
KRUPS Grind and Brew Coffee Maker Pros And Cons
Product Dimensions 13.78 x 11.57 x 17.52 inches
Item Weight 12.24 pounds
The 24-hour fully programmable DGB-900BC Grind and Brew coffee maker brews 12 cups of delicious coffee. The unit has a built-in burr grinder with grind control that allows you to grind for 2-12 cups. The machine’s bean hopper holds 8 oz. of coffee beans and comes with a sealable lid to keep your beans fresh and prevent moisture.
The strength control feature lets you choose your brew strength from strong, medium or mild, giving you full control over your coffee taste. Some other options include, auto shut off, 2 to 4 cup feature, gold-tone coffee filter and a charcoal water filter that will keep your coffee tasting at it’s best.
The machine has a brew-pause function so you can sneak a cup during the brew cycle and the carafe is double insulated which will seal the heat and freshness so you never have to worry about having cold coffee.
- 24-hour fully programmable coffeemaker with auto shutoff, brew-pause feature, and Grind off function
- Double-wall insulated stainless steel thermal carafe with comfort grip handle holds up to 12 cups of coffee
- Built-in automatic burr grinder and 8-ounce bean hopper holds a half pound of beans. Strength selector and grind control fine-tune intensity and volume
- Includes: Charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone filter that ensures only the freshest coffee flavor flows through. Measuring scoop. Instruction book
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards.Please refer the set up/ troubleshooting details provided in the video under images section and the manual under product description field for the smooth usage of the product
Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind and Brew Coffee Maker Pros and Cons
Product Dimensions 7.86 x 12.7 x 15.86 inches
Item Weight 14.96 pounds
This 10-cup stainless steel beauty comes equipped with a thermal carafe that will keep your coffee at ideal drinking temperatures for hours. The machine has an integrated conical burr grinder with grind settings and a 6 oz. bean hopper. The programmable settings let you choose from 4, 6, 8, or 10 cups of coffee along with the brew strength (mild, regular, strong). You also have the two-mode setting for BREW and BREW/GRIND.
The stop and serve function lets you interrupt the brew cycle for a quick cup, making it beneficial for those rough mornings when you really need your coffee right away. The machine uses a gold-tone filter that is dishwasher save for extremely easy clean-up and a charcoal water filter that removes 82% of chlorine from tap water.
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
Capresso 10-Cup Grind and Brew Coffee Maker Pros and Cons
Product Dimensions 9 x 9.5 x 15.5 inches
Item Weight 10 pounds
The Dinamica Automatic Coffee and Espresso maker is an excellent unit from De’Longhi that is ready to brew in 40 seconds. This grind and brew coffee maker has a built-in adjustable steel burr grinder with 13 settings. It also has a 15 bar high-performance pressure pump that will produce a fresh-tasting espresso that will never disappoint. It’s equipped with an integrated manual frother that will allow you to create rich and creamy cappuccinos without having any barista experience.
The TruBrew feature offers you full-bodied Iced coffees that are never watered down and perfect for those hot summer days. The machine is extremely easy to clean with a removable brew unit and a dishwasher safe drip tray.
- ALL-IN-ONE BARISTA - With bean-to-cup brewing and a built-in burr grinder, the Dinamica Espresso Machine produces cafe-quality beverages like espresso, long espresso, drip style coffee, and even iced coffee at the push of a button.
- EASY TO USE - Customize the size & strength of every cup with our automatic, touch-sensitive interface. Our revolutionary technology grinds the perfect amount of beans, leaving no residue in the brew unit, so your next cup is just as fresh.
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY - With an integrated manual frother, enjoy your cafe favorites like lattes and cappuccinos with rich, creamy foam whether you use milk or your favorite milk alternatives like: almond, soy, coconut, or oat.
- QUICK CLEANUP - Cleanup is simple & easy, saving you time. No chemicals are needed—just pop out the drip tray & drop it in the dishwasher.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED - The Dinamica Espresso Machine comes equipped with a descaling solution, a cleaning brush, a coffee bean-shaped ice cube tray, a water filter, and a measuring spoon.
De’Longhi Dinamica Coffee & Espresso Machine Pros and Cons
Product Dimensions 9.3 x 16.9 x 13.7 inches
Item Weight 24.9 pounds
The Incanto Super Automatic espresso machine by Saeco sets a new standard when it comes to advanced technology coffee brewers. Encased in a sleek stainless steel case made from the highest quality materials that are designed in Italy. This beast is equipped with a 100% ceramic made disc grinder that will prevent your coffee grinds from heating up or tasting burnt.
Maintaining this machine is extremely easy with a removable brewing unit, auto clean feature and an AquaClean filter that will let you brew up to 5,000 cups of coffee without worrying about having to descale your machine. So if you’re a milk coffee fanatic and espresso aficionado then this machine is definitely for you. Impress your guests with barista-style lattes and cappuccinos with the touch of a button! Click for more info.
- Elegant design, best materials, and high quality workmanship
- Creamy cappuccino and latte macchiato at the touch of a button thanks to detachable, hygienic milk carafe
- Professional disc grinder made of 100% ceramic for consistent performance and natural taste
- Easy maintenance and cleaning thanks to removable brewing unit and automatic cleansing and descaling procedures
- Large capacities in compact design: 8.8 ounce bean container, 15x waste container; 60.9 ounce
Saeco Incanto Carafe Espresso Machine Pros and Cons
Product Dimensions 16.8 x 8.4 x 12.9 inches
Item Weight 21.8 pounds
The Philips 3200 series fully automatic espresso machine is a gorgeous looking machine with an intuitive touch display that will look amazing on any kitchen countertop. It has a durable 100% ceramic grinder with a 12 step adjustment along with an aroma seal that will guarantee your coffee is at its freshest. The brewer has easy touch navigation that can have you brewing from four types of coffees (espresso, espresso lungo, coffee, americano and hot water) in a matter of minutes.
The machine is very easy to maintain and comes with a removable brew group and dishwasher-safe parts, so cleaning is never an issue. The Aquaclean filter ensures you 5,000 cups of coffee before having to descale your machine.
- With Philips 3200 Series easily make up to 5 black and milk-based coffee varieties at the touch of a button! Enjoy the delicious taste and aroma of coffee from fresh beans at the perfect temperature.Cord length : 100 cm, Frequency : 60 Hz, Coffee bean capacity : 275 g, Pump pressure : 15 bar, Adjustable spout height : 85-145 mm.
- Classic Milk Frother System: Dispenses steam, allowing you to easily prepare silky smooth milk froth for your cappuccino
- Intuitive Touch Display: Select the perfect coffee for your mood with just one touch
- My Coffee Choice Menu: Adjust the strength and quantity of your beverage and choose from three different settings to suit your preferences. The Aroma Extract system intelligently strikes the optimum balance between brewing temperature and aroma extraction by keeping the water temperature between 90 and 98°C
- Powerful Filter and Easy Maintenance: Thanks to the AquaClean, enjoy clear and purified water - by changing the filter after being prompted by the machine, you will not need to descale your machine for up to 5000 cups
Philips 3200 Series Espresso Machine Pros and Cons
Package Dimensions 20.16 x 20.08 x 12.44 inches
Item Weight 20.3 pounds
IF YOU’VE ENJOYED THIS ARTICLE, GIVE IT A PIN!