Table of Contents Hide
- What Is An Automatic Pour Over Coffee Maker?
- The Difference Between Manual Pour Over and Automatic Pour Over Brewing
- What To Look For When Buying The Best Automatic Pour-Over Coffee Maker?
- The Breville BDC450 Precision Brewer Coffee Maker
- OXO BREW 9 Cup Coffee Maker
- Bonavita Connoisseur 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker
- Technivorm Moccamaster 59691 KB Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart CPO-850 Coffee Maker
Do you enjoy brewing pour over coffee but find yourself not having enough time for it each morning? If so, maybe it’s time for you to look into an automatic pour over coffee maker! If you’re confused and not quite sure what an automatic pour over coffee maker is, let me explain!
What Is An Automatic Pour Over Coffee Maker?
The automatic pour-over coffee maker is extremely similar to the drip coffee maker but with a few key differences. The main differences revolve around how the temperature of the water is controlled and distributed.
The way an automatic pour over coffee maker works is, the machine heats the water to the optimal temperature and keeps it at this temperature for the duration of the brewing process. Sometimes, the brewer would have a separate reservoir for the water where it would be heated and kept at the optimal temperature.
Once the water is heated to the optimal temperature, the machine’s showerhead disperses a small amount of water evenly over the coffee grounds. This slightly submerges the coffee grounds to release any remaining carbon dioxide. This process is called “coffee bloom” and helps with the coffee extraction and prevents your coffee from tasting sour. Once the process is complete, the machine continues to evenly distribute the water over the grounds to finish the brewing process.
In a drip coffee machine, the water would be dispersed right into the coffee basket and into the filter with a continuous stream. Filling the basket with water and extracting the coffee.
The Difference Between Manual Pour Over and Automatic Pour Over Brewing
So the most common difference between the two is that the machine is automatic. While manual pour-over brewing gives you more control over an automated machine, it requires many more factors than just pressing a button. With manual pour-over brewing, you have more control over your brew, like the flow of the water, water temperature and bloom time. But sometimes you don’t have the time to worry about all these factors and just want your coffee. This is where the automatic pour over coffee maker comes in.
What To Look For When Buying The Best Automatic Pour-Over Coffee Maker?
Here are some things to consider when picking out your automatic pour-over coffee maker dream model.
One of the main things you should consider when buying your automatic pour-over coffee maker is size. Will this be a personal brewing machine? Do you plan on making coffee for others in the household? Do you enjoy having a second cup? These are all the questions that you should consider. Examining the size of the carafe and water reservoir is a must. Think about how much space you have in your kitchen, and whether it’s the right fit.
Water temperature is crucial when it comes to pour-over coffee brewing. The ideal temperature for pour-over is 195-205 F (90-96 C). Make sure that the machine can heat the water to the ideal temperature and maintain it for the brewing process. Keep an eye out for SCA certification. Machines that have a Specialty Coffee Association certification have passed the technical requirements.
When looking into the carafe of your automatic pour-over coffee maker, consider a thermal option. These are excellent at retaining heat for longer. Some machines come with glass carafes and hot plates that keep the coffee warm at the ideal temperatures. These machines can end up being a tad pricier. The thermal carafes are excellent because the majority of them come with double insulated walls, keeping your coffee warm for hours.
Every automatic pour-over coffee maker comes with programmable settings. When choosing your machine, consider machines that have a “bloom” function, this will help with your brew extraction and guarantee you excellent tasting coffee. The digital display machines are also very nice because you can navigate the machine with ease and program yourself alarms, so you can wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee.
Cleaning your machine is just as important as the quality of brew that it produces. When looking at the best automatic pour over coffee maker make sure to pay attention to the removable parts like the filter basket and showerhead. Finding a machine that has dishwasher safe parts will help with maintenance and will save you tons of time and frustration. Some machines even have a self-clean function that will help with the process.
Finding a durable automatic pour over coffee maker is key. Look into a machine that comes with a warranty, this is a sign that you are in good hands and will be taken care of if anything happens. You also want to look at the main components of the machine like the filter basket, showerhead and carafe. Look into the materials of these parts. For example, a thermal carafe is more durable than a glass one.
So now that you know the key elements of the automatic pour over coffee maker. You know that these machines are extremely convenient because you can have great tasting coffee in minutes, without having to do any of the manual work. If you’ve been considering one of these machines for a while but aren’t sure which machine is best for you, then don’t worry because you’ve come to the right page!
I will be going through all the different factors of each automatic pour over coffee maker, giving you a detailed overview of each machine below.
This Precision Brewer by Breville is an excellent machine that offers many customizable settings and presets that will excite any coffee lover.
This 60 oz. beast offers its drinkers with 6 unique brewing modes, giving your various options for that optimal brew. These modes include Fast, Strong, Gold, Iced Coffee, Cold Brew and My Brew.
The My Brew preset is an excellent customizable option that lets you adjust your brewing temperature, flow rate and bloom time, giving you full control over your brew.
The Gold preset is a neat option also, in this preset the machine automatically adjusts the temperature of water and brew time to the standards of the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
The “Steep and Release” feature allows you to brew small cups of coffee without having to have the carafe in place. The brewer also comes with Dual Filter Baskets, a cone filter and flat bottom giving you the option to brew coffee in any volume.
- Item Package Dimension: 19.49L x 16.39W x 9.99H inches
- Item Package Weight - 14.90 Pounds
- Item Package Quantity - 1
- Product Type - COFFEE MAKER
The Breville BDC450 Precision Brewer Coffee Maker Pros and Cons
The OXO BREW Pour Over Coffee Maker features a brew cycle that replicates the pour over method using a microprocessor. This machine produces 2 to 9 cups of SCA approved coffee. The machine does an excellent job at heating and keeping the perfect temperature for your brew. The double-wall stainless steel carafe guarantees hot coffee for hours, so brewing yourself that second cup is never a problem.
The OXO BREW has a wonderful rainmaker shower head that disperses the water evenly over the grounds, providing uniformed saturation that delivers a full flavoured extraction. The digital display and LED interface offer the user with a machine that’s easy to navigate, with key settings like the freshness indicator and 24-hour start timer that allows you to program future brews.
- BetterBrew Precision Brewing controls water temperature and optimizes brew cycles for rich, flavorful coffee – whether you’re making two cups or a full pot
- Fully programmable and easy to use, a single dial lets you choose cups, program the time and set the automatic wake-up timer
- Temperature-controlled brewing keeps the water between 197.6–204.8°F /92-96°C – the ideal range for drip coffee
- Rainmaker shower head evenly disperses water over coffee grounds for better flavor extraction
- Internal mixing tube ensures your last sip is as delicious as your first
OXO BREW 9 Cup Coffee Maker Key Pros and Cons
The Connoisseur by Bonavita is an excellent machine that does a wonderful job imitating the artisan pour over brewing techniques. The pre-infusion mode allows the coffee to bloom guaranteeing a precise extraction that will leave your taste buds satisfied! The machine comes equipped with a showerhead and hanging flat-bottom filter basket that works together to deliver an even saturation and uniform extraction. The machine also offers a once touch brewing for a fast and convenient brew.
- SPECIALTY COFFEE AT HOME: Bonavita’s coffee maker brews a full carafe in about 6 minutes; The artisan café style brewer has a compact design and is great for coffee lovers to use in their kitchen or office
- AWARD WINNING RESULTS: Golden Cup Standard Coffee Machine is curated with features to mimic the artisan pour-over brewing method; Hanging flat bottom filter basket leaves less mess and large showerhead creates perfect flavor for cafe quality coffee
- BETTER FLAVOR, FAST: Powerful 1500W heater maintains professional recommended brewing temp of 198°-205°F (91°-96°C) for optimal flavor extraction; Stainless steel thermal carafe is durable and double-walled to keep coffee’s ideal temperature longer
- TASTE THE DIFFERENCE: Showerhead and filter basket work in harmony to evenly saturate coffee grounds for uniform flavor extraction; Optional Pre-Infusion Mode allows fresh roasted coffee to bloom before brewing to enhance its flavor
- BREW WITH BONAVITA: Our coffee brewers and kettles create enriching and delicious coffee experiences without fuss; As your trusted home barista, our appliances are designed to fit with all kitchen decors and deliver great brews all day, every day – cup after cup!
Bonavita Connoisseur 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker Pros and Cons
The Moccamaster by Technivorm is a stunning looking machine that brews a 40 oz pot of coffee in about six minutes. The machine comes with an adjustable brew basket that allows you to toggle between steep durations. The machine’s 9 hole outlet arm showers your coffee grounds evenly to deliver a perfect saturation for the perfect coffee extraction. Coffee drinkers that love to brew more than one cup are going to love the unique hot plate feature that includes an independent heating element that keeps your coffee warm at the ideal temperature (175-185F) for later enjoyment.
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.Filter type:Reusable
- Manual-adjust drip-stop brew-basket with glass carafe. Watts: 1475 Watt
- Simple to operate and quiet brewing process that brews a full carafe in just 6 minutes. Volume-1.25 Liters / 40 oz / 10 cups. Dimensions- Height- 14 H inch,Width-12.75 W inch, Depth-6.50 D inch
- Unique, copper boiling element rapidly heats water to control brewing temperature between 196 to 205 degrees Fahrenheit which is important for coffee soluble extraction, then automatically switches off when the water reservoir is empty
- Made with durable metal housings and BPA/BPS/BPF & Phthalate free plastics
Technivorm Moccamaster 59691 KB Coffee Brewer Pros and Cons
Brew superior tasting coffee with the Cuisinart CPO-850 Coffee Brewer. This 8 cup brewing machine gives you full control of your coffee’s flavour profile, with an intensity setting ranging from mild, medium and bold and temperature settings from hot to extra hot, you will never be stuck with a cold cup of coffee. The “bloom” function lets you pre-infuse the grounds for optimal flavour extraction. The machine has 24-hour programmable settings with adjustable auto on/off and self-clean function, making clean up a breeze. The brew-pause function is an excellent feature for those drinkers that need their coffee as soon as possible. This machine is SCAA certified. The carafe is available in glass or thermal.
- SCAA Certified - meets the Specialty Coffee Association of America's rigorous technical requirements for exemplary home brewers
- Flavor strength control - mild, medium, bold
- Temperature control - hot, extra hot
- Dimensions: 14.5x13.75x9.5 inch (WxHxD), Unit Weight: 10.2 pounds
- capacity: 64 oz, 8 cup carafe
Cuisinart CPO-850 Coffee Brewer Pros and Cons
Any one of these automatic pours over coffee machines is a great choice, the final choice relies on your personal preference and what can fit nicely on your kitchen countertop. Whichever of these machines you decide to choose, you will be brewed a superior cup of coffee.
IF YOU’VE ENJOYED THIS ARTICLE, GIVE IT A PIN!