Table of Contents Hide
- Types of French Press Coffee Makers
- The Best French Press Coffee Makers of 2024
- Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker
- Bodum Brazil French Press Coffee Maker
- Secura French Press Coffee Maker
- Mueller French Press Coffee Maker
- Café Du Chateau French Press Coffee Maker
- KONA French Press Coffee Maker
The French Press is a traditional coffee brewing system that has been around for years with the initial patent in 1852, the concept and design of this beautiful invention has been in a constant revision. The coffee maker is a very straight forward brewer that produces small and large batches of robust and well-rounded tasting coffee. The device consisting of a carafe enclosed in a base with a lid and plunger that contains a multi-layered filter. For more precise brews you can incorporate kitchen scales and thermometers. In general, making coffee with the French press is an extremely simple and effective way of brewing coffee. In this article, I will be going over the best French coffee makers and various other aspects to look for when buying this lovely brewer.
Types of French Press Coffee Makers
While you might be thinking don’t all these presses do the same thing? Yes, this is correct, but there are many variations of the French press. They come in different sizes, different materials, have different handles, plungers and filters, the list goes on! Below, I will be going over some of the key characteristics of the press.
The majority of French presses come in either stainless steel “metal” or the traditional glass, you can find a few in ceramic or porcelain, but in most cases, it’s usually glass or steel. While some might think that the variety in the material could be for aesthetical purposes, the truth is that that it’s more of a practical choice.
The traditional glass press, though it may be visually pleasing since you can see your brew, the material doesn’t retain heat, as well as the stainless steel, does. This can be very beneficial if you love drinking more than one cup of coffee, and want to preserve the heat. The steel press is also a lot more durable than the glass, being capable of taking a few mild hits without having to shatter.
The design of the press must be comfortable and practical. An aesthetically pleasing French press is lovely to look at when you’re half-awake, but what’s more important is that it has a sturdy handle and base. So when you’re half awake and trying to make your coffee, the press won’t slip off your counter or the handle won’t break off midway during your pour.
The French press comes in various sizes, so depending on how many cups of coffee you like to drink or how many people you brew for, getting the appropriate size is crucial. The standard sizes are 12 oz and 24 oz, a 12 oz produces two small cups or a nice large one, and 24 oz is great between two or even three people. If you’re a traveller, the 12 oz is perfect for being on the road, since its easily packable. Keep in mind, if you are looking to buy a larger press, you will need to brew larger quantities of coffee.
Every French press is equipped with a filter on the plunger, this steel mesh filter is usually sandwiched between a metal spiral plate and cross plate. The French press filter may not be as efficient as a drip or pour-over coffee filter, but it does have its benefits like not filtering out tasty coffee oils. To avoid sediment in your cup, a good filter and the right coffee grind size is a must when using this brewer. Medium-Coarse is best. If you want to have full control over your grind and want to avoid grit in your cup, investing in a good coffee grinder is a must.
So now that you are completely familiar with the coffee press, let’s get to the best French press coffee makers of 2024!
The Best French Press Coffee Makers of 2024
The CHAMBORD is a classic French press model by Bodum. Designed in the 1950s to praise the Chateau de Chambord in France, it is known for excellent craftsmanship that delivers a premium cup of coffee in just 4 minutes. The press is made of durable heat-resistant borosilicate glass that’s enclosed in a sturdy base with a handle that is BPA free. The 3-part stainless steel filter does an excellent extracting coffee aromatic oils and complex flavors.
- FRENCH PRESS: CHAMBORD French press brews a premium cup of coffee in just 4 minutes, simply add course ground coffee, hot water and press
- COFFEE CARAFE: Made of durable, heat-resistant borosilicate glass with a BPA free plastic handle and base; easy to use and easy to clean
- STAINLESS STEEL: 3-part stainless steel plunger has a mesh filter that helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavors instead of being absorbed by a paper filter
- MAXIMUM FLAVOR: Pressed coffee extracts the perfect amount of essentials oils and acids from the coffee bean for maximum flavor; the preferred method for brewing for coffee enthusiasts everywhere
- SERVINGS: This premium French press coffee maker makes 3 cups of coffee, 4oz each; dishwasher safe
Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker Pros and Cons
Another classic by Bodum, The Brazil Model was designed in the early 80s. It has a heat-resistant borosilicate glass carafe that is very durable. It’s enclosed in a BPA free plastic body, handle and lid, with a stainless steel plunger. Making this design very sturdy. Available in Red and Black and all the parts are dishwasher safe.
- Iconic French press coffee maker that brings out the full flavor and aroma of your brew.
- Carafe is made of non-stain, heat-resistant borosilicate glass that won’t alter or impair the coffee’s natural flavor.
- The body, handle and domed lid are made from lightweight, BPA-free plastic.
- Stainless steel plunger and filter prevent ground beans escaping when the coffee is poured.
- More environmentally friendly than many coffee-brewing methods – no paper filters or plastic capsules required.
Bodum Brazil French Press Coffee Maker Pros and Cons
A stunning minimalistic French Press by Secura. The interior and exterior of the press are made from top-quality 18/10 Stainless Steel. It has excellent heat retention within it’s a double-wall, so it keeps your coffee warmer for longer and the 3-layered stainless steel filter provides excellent filtration. The press also includes two extra filters that you can stack together for fine espresso grinds. Comes with a cool-touch handle and knob, so you don’t have to worry about burning yourself. All the parts are dishwasher safe.
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- DOUBLE-WALL 18/10 STAINLESS STEEL: Secura stainless steel French Press coffee maker is made from top quality 18/10 stainless steel, both the interior and exterior. It is made to outlast other coffee makers.
- HEAT PRESERVATION EFFECT: More efficient to retain heat comparing to single wall construction. It is desirable to drink your coffee fresh, however, when needed, it can keep your coffee hot longer.
- BONUS STAINLESS STEEL SCREEN INCLUDED: 3-LAYERED STAINLESS STEEL FILTER STRUCTURE traps the smallest coffee grounds to produce an exceptional full-bodied flavor. Filter screen is easy to disassemble and clean. Stack one or more screens together gives your espresso a more refined taste.
- SAFETY TOUCH and KNOB: This French press maker comes with Cool touch handle and knob for comfortable and safe pouring.
Secura Press Coffee Maker Key Pros and Cons
The Mueller French Press has a beautiful minimalistic and aesthetically pleasing design that is made out of 310 Grade 18/10 Stainless Steel that offers double insulation. It is 33% thicker and 20% heavier than most steel presses, this French press is rustproof and drop-proof, making it an extremely durable press that is perfect for all occasions. This press will keep your coffee warm for hours after you brew it. So it’s excellent for the drinkers that want to brew more than one cup.
- If flavor really matters to you - With the Mueller French Press, you can consistently brew exceptional coffee that suits your taste. It’s up to you. Control the grind size and the length of steeping time. You can decide for yourself how bold and flavorful your coffee will be. Use our French Press for a richer and more intense flavor. A good day starts with real coffee.
- Elegant and Durable design – Features stainless steel filters and plunger components for long-lasting, rust-free use. Rest assured it won’t look out of place on any kitchen countertop. Long-lasting design that also looks quite elegant and classy. A stylistic and modern Stainless Steel frame also acts as an insulation layer to keep your coffee warmer.
- Fuller and Thicker taste - A 310 food-grade rated stainless steel plunger with mesh filters will extract essential coffee oils into your cup without grounds to collect. These essential oils give your coffee a thicker and fuller body that tastes delicious. So if you like your coffee strong and full of flavor, this may be a game changer for you.
- Superior filtration system - 4-Layered stainless steel filter structure traps the smaller grounds to produce the cleanest cup you can get – The slightly oily feel and thick body reflect the qualities of a pure coffee. The natural flavor of the coffee grounds is not filtered out, and your coffee tastes delicious. Dishwasher safe.
- European Engineered - Our total satisfaction promise covers all our products. So choose Mueller with confidence and look forward to a lifetime of java pleasure.
Mueller French Press Coffee Maker Pros and Cons
This beautiful French press by Cafe Du Chateau combines functionality and elegance with the finest quality materials that are built to last. Each metallic piece is made from 304-grade stainless steel that shines beautifully and provides rust protection. This coffee press has a 4-level filtration system that will guarantee a clean and robust brew, without any unpleasant grinds in your cup. The carafe is heat resistant and the lid is BPA free. Cafe Du Chateau also offers a lifetime replacement guarantee!
- 4 LEVEL FILTRATION: The design of the french coffee press allows for a full extraction of the flavors in the coffee beans while the filtration system prevents any sediment from entering your cup
- EASY USE, EASY CLEAN: Brewing rich french press coffee can be done in only 4 simple steps with our stainless steel french press. Plus all parts of the glass coffee maker are dishwasher safe
- VERSATILE and CONVENIENT: Our french press machine can be used with both ground coffee and loose leaf tea; a great option for those who want a single appliance that can handle multiple tasks
- BPA FREE: We use high quality, BPA free materials in our coffee presses, which are safe for you and the environment, surpassing both US FDA and European Commission food safety standards
- HIGH QUALITY DESIGN: Made with high quality borosilicate glass, stainless steel, and a sturdy handle, our french coffee maker is designed to withstand frequent use without wear and tear
Café Du Chateau Press Coffee Maker Pros and Cons
This French Press by KONA has a beautiful ergonomic design that is an extra thick borosilicate glass in a BPA free plastic encasing. This design is not only clever, but it’s sturdy and comfortable, that will make you love pouring your coffee. Comes with a 3 piece stainless steel infuser filter system that is rust-free. It’s portable and eco-friendly making it a great choice for on the road. The press is very easy to clean and is dishwasher safe.
- SIMPLY THE PUREST WAY ~ extract & brew any tea leaf or coffee bean's essential oils into a single glass carafe. Will turn any ordinary coffee into a gourmet coffee treat guaranteed or your money back
- PROTECTIVE DESIGN ~ unique & attractive insulated outer shell not only easy to admire on the kitchen counter but also protects from chips & cracks to the extra thick 34 oz borosilicate glass coffee pitcher. Unlike other thin metal frenchpress frames that rust and do little in protecting the glass carafe
- COMFORTABLE HANDLE ~ is durable & sturdy, clever design for free flowing & effortless pouring to your mug which also features a BPS / BPA FREE lid were no plastic comes in contact with your hot or iced cold brewed tea while steeping
- EASY TO CLEAN Dishwasher & Microwave Safe with detachable stainless steel filter screen system with a quick and easy press, rubber plunger knob. QUIET & non electric best for work office environments. PORTABLE & ECO FRIENDLY compact coffeemaker best space saver for your car hotel travel hiking & outdoor RV camping
- ORDER NOW with peace of mind due to over 11,500+ Satisfied Customer Reviews below. When you take that first warm sip of the day, you'll understand why so many people have rated it with an outstanding 5 out of 5 for 2020 most loved Coffee French Presser on Amazon. Also Double The Life of Your Coffee Maker Absolutely FREE by registering your Idylc Homes purchase today! See flyer inside the box for more details...
KONA Press Coffee Maker Key Pros and Cons
So whether you want to go for a classic Bodum CHAMBORD or sleek SECURA, any one of these French presses on this list won’t disappoint. In the end, it all depends on which one tickles your fancy. So if you decided on the best French press for you, and need some assistance using it, be sure to check out our guide on how to use a French press! Happy brewing!
IF YOU’VE ENJOYED THIS ARTICLE, GIVE IT A PIN!