Table of Contents Hide
- What To Look For When Choosing The Best Single Serve Coffee Maker
- The Best Single Serve Coffee Makers
- Keurig K-Classic Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart SS-10 Premium Single Serve Coffee Maker
- Nespresso Pixie by De’Longhi Coffee Maker
- Nespresso VertuoPlus by De’Longhi Coffee Maker
- Sboly Single Serve Coffee Maker
- AeroPress Coffee And Espresso Maker
- Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Coffee Maker
If you have ever used a single serve coffee maker in your life, then you know how fast and convenient these coffee brewers can be. Not only do they provide you with a good tasting cup of joe, but they are also extremely easy to clean. The convenience of making an extremely fast cup of coffee with full control over the flavour or blend with the push of a button is quite satisfying. So if you like the speed of a single serve brewer and are looking for something that doesn’t require much maintenance, then this guide is for you. I will be going over all the features you should look at when buying the best single serve coffee maker.
What To Look For When Choosing The Best Single Serve Coffee Maker
Electric or Non-Electric?
There are two kinds of single-cup coffee brewers, electric and non-electric brewers. Non-electric brewers are gravity-powered and work with time and air pressure to penetrate your grounds for extraction. Both deliver an exceptional cup of coffee, so depending on what you are looking for in a brewer, either selection will satisfy your needs.
If you love enjoying your coffee out in the wild, or like brewing a nice cup on the road, a non-electric is best. For someone, that loves having a coffee every few hours at the office, an electric one is ideal. So analyzing the main purpose for your machine can help you choose your ideal brewer.
Single-Use Vs Reusable Pods
The majority of single serve coffee makers use coffee pods that are pre-portioned with ground coffee in a plastic or aluminium encasing that contain a filter. These coffee pods can be purchased at almost any supermarket. Single-use pods like K-cups are very convenient to use and offer a wide variety of blends and flavours.
The downside to these coffee pods is that they can get quite expensive in the long run and though the majority are recyclable, they aren’t the best for the environment. For environment-friendly options, you can go for soft pods that are made from tea bag like filters that eliminate plastic waste. For a selection of great 100% compostable coffee pods, be sure to check out Gourmesso: Organic, Fairtrade Coffee Pods.
There’s also an option for reusable filters that you can fill with your ground coffee, so not only are you eco-friendly, but you also save money on coffee in the long run. The downside to the reusable filters is that they have to be cleaned after each use which can be time-consuming.
Choosing the size of the water reservoir depends on what you will be using your brewer for. Will you be using this brewer for the office and serving a few people? Maybe you like to drink more than one cup? There are various sizes when it comes to the water reservoirs of the single serve coffee maker.
Some reservoirs are removable, making them extremely easy to fill up and clean, while other reservoirs are embedded in the machine. Some of the more portable single serve coffee makers don’t even have a water reservoir and need to be filled for each brew.
One of the main reasons we look into single serve coffee makers is for their speed. They are excellent speed brewers. Put in a pod, press a button and you have a tasty cup of joe! Majority of the electric single serve coffee makers have a fast heating mechanism that can bring water to a boil and brew a cup in less than a minute. While other coffee machines, you would have to boil your water separately.
There are various types of single-serve coffee makers that have a wide range of brewing options. Some brewers only brew one cup, while others provide you with options for espresso shots and other fancy drinks. The more brewing options the brewer will have, then the less chance it will be portable. Any additional features like milk frothing attachments for your latte and cappuccinos will require more counter space.
The Best Single Serve Coffee Makers
Keurig K-Classic Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
The Keurig K-Classic a.k.a K-55 is known to be one of the best K-Cup coffee makers on the market. Created by the company that invented single serve coffee machines, this machine brews an exceptional cup of joe. This coffee machine is very easy to use, equipped with simple touch buttons that will brew a perfect cup of coffee with just one touch. The Keurig offers a wide range of K-Cup pod brewing sizes (6, 8, 10 oz.) and varieties from many popular brands like Starbucks, Lavazza, Maxwell House and Folgers. It is also compatible with Reusable K-Cup coffee filters that will let you brew your own ground coffee. The machine packs a 48 oz. water reservoir so you won’t have to worry about refilling it every brew. This brewer is excellent for home or office use.
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6 plus cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- Auto-off: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for 2 hours, helping to save energy.
Keurig K-Classic Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker Pros and Cons
Cuisinart SS-10 Premium Single Serve Coffee Maker
The SS-10 Premium Single Serve Brewer by Cuisinart offers you a wide range of serving sizes (4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 oz) for that late afternoon pick me up. The brewer is compatible with Keurig K-Cups and also comes with a HomeBarista Reusable Filter Cup so you can use your favourite ground coffee. The removable 72 oz water reservoir packs enough water to last you for a few days and comes with a charcoal water filter, so you never have to worry about pouring in distilled water.
The machine’s hot water button allows you to prepare teas, soups and other goodies that require freshly boiled water. The Rinse button offers you a quick chamber rinse to assure you a clean machine for your next brew. The Premium Brewer comes with a fully programmable backlit LCD that gives easy control over the brew temperature, size, auto settings and more.
No products found.
Cuisinart SS-10 Premium Single Serve Coffee Maker Pros and Cons
Nespresso Pixie by De’Longhi Coffee Maker
The Nespresso Pixie by De’Longhi is a beautiful machine with a compact avant-garde design that will look amazing on any kitchen countertop. The Pixie comes with two one-touch buttons for Espresso and Lungo that can be re-programmed to any desired volume. The machine offers a 19 bar high-pressure pump that extracts all the delicate flavors and aromas from each coffee capsule. The quick heat-up system reaches your ideal brewing temperature in 25 seconds, so there’s never a long wait for that much needed morning brew. The Nespresso coffee machine also includes a welcoming set of 10 espresso capsules with a variety of flavors.
- Powerful Coffee maker: Espresso Pixie Espresso maker has a 19 bar high-pressure pump that allows for a barista-style result, unlocking the delicate flavor of each coffee capsule.
- Efficient and energy saving Espresso maker: system heats-up to ideal temperature in just 25 seconds and automatically turns off after 9 minutes, consuming less Energy. Removable dip tray is available
- Ease of use: The Pixie is a programmable Espresso maker with two one-touch buttons to create your favorite Coffee and espresso recipes into the desired size; Espresso (1. 35 oz. ), or Lungo (2. 75 oz. ). Pour over ice to create your favorite Iced Coffee drinks.
- Smart Espresso maker: the red backlights light up to let you know when the 24 oz. Water tank needs to be refilled. The folding drip tray accommodates larger single-serve cups and recipes such as lattes or cappuccinos. The Pixie is also easy to clean, the spent capsules are neatly ejected into an internal receptacle.
- Complimentary gift: Each Espresso machine includes a Espresso Original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profile.
Nespresso Pixie by De’Longhi Coffee Pros and Cons
Nespresso VertuoPlus by De’Longhi Coffee Maker
The VertuoPlus by De’Longhi is a sleek single serve coffee maker that comes in various colors and provides you with the ultimate brewing experience. At the touch of a button, it brews five cup sizes: 1.35 Oz. Espresso, 2.7 Oz. Double Espresso, 5 Oz. Gran Lungo, 8 Oz. Coffee and 14 Oz. Alto with the use of two capsule sizes. The VertuoPlus uses a special extraction system that reads each capsules barcode that’s located on the rim, adjusting its parameters for each brew. The VertuoPlus has a new extraction technology that has been developed by Nespresso known as Centrifusion, this technology uses a spin feature that spins the pod up to 7,000 times per minute, blending the ground coffee and water for the perfect cup of coffee.
- Item Package Dimension: 15.3L x 15.1W x 9.39H inches
- Item Package Weight - 12 Pounds
- Item Package Quantity - 1
- Product Type - COFFEE MAKER
Nespresso VertuoPlus by De’Longhi Coffee Pros and Cons
Sboly Single Serve Coffee Maker
The Sboly Single Serve Coffee Maker is an excellent brewer with a compact design that will fit on any countertop. This fast brewer will have your coffee ready in 3 minutes! Giving you the choice between traditional ground coffee or coffee capsules with its 2-IN-1 Brewing feature. Once you are finished with your brewer, you can activate its auto-clean feature by the push of a few buttons, so you never have to worry about manually cleaning your machine.
The machine also has an auto turn off feature after each brew. The folks at Sboly also include a vacuum insulated coffee tumbler with the machine.
- maker cappuccino and latte
- versatile coffee machine
- fast brew
- compact design
- coffee brewer
Sboly Single Serve Coffee Maker Pros and Cons
AeroPress Coffee And Espresso Maker
The AeroPress coffee and espresso maker is an excellent non-electric coffee brewer that has an outstanding reputation for brewing exceptional coffee. Loved by many serious coffee lovers and professionals around the world, this compact brewing machine is an excellent portable coffee brewer that is perfect for travelling. The brewer makes 1 to 3 cups of coffee, including espresso-style drinks. The AeroPress doesn’t take any capsules and requires brand-specific paper filters (350 filters are included with the brewer). Made out of BPA Free plastics, the AeroPress is light and extremely portable.
- Professional-Grade Coffee Right at Home: A household name amongst baristas and coffee enthusiasts worldwide, the AeroPress Original is a new kind of coffee press that uses a rapid, total immersion brewing process to make smooth, delicious, full-flavored coffee without bitterness and with low acidity. The AeroPress Original brews a full-bodied coffee with maximum flavor every time!
- Goodbye, French Press: No more bitterness or grit. The rapid brewing of the AeroPress Original eliminates bitterness and acidity while the micro-filters keep grit out of your coffee (unlike a French press). No more messy coffee grounds – clean-up takes seconds! The plunger wipes the chamber clean as you brew
- Travel with Your Coffee Gear: The AeroPress Original is lightweight, compact, portable, and durable. It is easy to pack with some coffee and a cup for use while traveling, camping, backpacking, boating, and more! Includes the AeroPress Original Chamber & Plunger, 350 replacement AeroPress Original micro-filters, filter holder & filter cap, funnel, scoop, and stirrer
- How to Use: Just add coffee and water, stir, and press. Easily makes 10oz (295ml) of regular coffee or 1 to 3 espresso style shots for use in lattes, cappuccinos, and other espresso-based drinks per pressing in about a minute. It can also make cold brew in just two minutes! We recommend a medium-fine grind, but vary your recipes however you choose!
- About AeroPress: Smart design and creativity have always been the heart of what we do, and we are now squarely focused on inspiring even more coffee lovers around the world to revolutionize their coffee routine. Designed in Silicon Valley, Made in the USA, Materials used in AeroPress Original coffee makers are free of BPA and phthalates
AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker Pros and Cons
Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Coffee Maker
The K-Cafe Special Edition by Keurig is a perfect single serve coffee maker for those that love making milk coffees. This machine brews 6, 8, 10, and 12 oz cups of your favourite coffee and is compatible with K-CUP pods and K-CUP Reusable filters so the selection is endless! The machine comes with a dishwasher safe frother and has a COLD FROTH setting for those refreshing iced lattes. This machine is excellent for anyone that wants to sharpen up their frothing skills and become a milk coffee master.
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Keurig K-Cafe coffee, latte, and cappuccino maker, and dishwasher safe frother..Cord Length : 30.0”..Digital Clock : No. Display Screen : No.
- COFFEE, LATTES & CAPPUCCINOS: Use any K-Cup pod to brew coffee, or make delicious lattes and cappuccinos. Press the SHOT button to brew a concentrated shot of coffee from your favorite K-Cup pod to make delicious hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos.
- DISHWASHER SAFE FROTHER: Froth fresh milk, including skim, soy, and almond. The frother is dishwasher safe for easy clean up after use and also features a COLD setting for cold frothed milk.
- STRONG BREW: Increase the strength and bold taste of your coffee.
- 4 CUP SIZES: 6, 8, 10, and 12oz.
Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Coffee Maker Pros and Cons
IF YOU’VE ENJOYED THIS ARTICLE, GIVE IT A PIN!